Paris, December 2021
Our commitment to your health and safety
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Cannes where we are committed to providing you with the safest possible exhibition and conference environment.
We are working with our colleagues at RX (Reed Exhibitions), French national and host city authorities and specialist medical advisors to build a coherent and consistent programme of advanced health and safety measures.
Responding effectively to the risks of Covid-19 is a shared responsibility and RX France asks all participants to play their part in ensuring that the show remains as safe as is reasonably practicable. In this respect, RX France will communicate to all attendees that a person should not attend the show if the individual is showing signs as set out below:
1. Is showing COVID-19 symptoms such as but not limited to: fever or a feeling of fever (chills, hot-cold), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, unusual fatigue, sore throat or headache, loss or change in smell or taste.
2. Has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days.
3. Is coming from an "orange" or "red" state or country as this person could be isolated on their arrival in France and/or on their return to their state or country of origin. Please, visit: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/ressources-a-partager#section-b3152, for more details.
Our onsite medical team will respond to anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms (24/24) in line with the directions issued by the relevant authorities. The individual should reconsider attending the show if the individual is a vulnerable person at risk of developing a severe type of Covid-19 infection, particularly if the person suffers from an underlying health condition.
Our Safety Guidelines are based on Reed Exhibitions’ 5-Point Plan and have been prepared in conjunction with the venue owner and the relevant authorities and in accordance with the relevant regulations, including Law n° 2020-856 of July 9, 2020 and Decree No. 2021-699 of June 1, 2021, amended by Decree No. 2021-1059 of August 7, 2021. We would ask you to comply with all safeguards and precautionary measures. Anyone not complying will be requested to leave the show in accordance with Article 5 of our Rules and regulations.
Travel has now resumed between foreign countries and France according to modalities that vary depending on the foreign countries’ health situation and travelers’ vaccination. For more information about your travel modalities, please kindly and regularly:
- check with the airline with which you are traveling
- go to the French government’s website (available in French and in English)
Per application of current French sanitary regulations, access to our events for all participants* will be subject to the presentation of a valid sanitary pass** attesting to 1 of the 3 types of proof below:
1. A vaccination certificate attesting to a complete vaccination program using a vaccine against covid-19 authorised by the European Commission or of which the composition and the manufacturing process are recognized as similar to one of these vaccines by the National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety (ANSM):
- Janssen Vaccine: 28 days after administration of the single dose
- Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines: 7 days after the administration of a second dose, except for those who have been infected with Covid-19, for whom this period runs after the administration of the initial dose.
For more information, please go to: https://ansm.sante.fr/dossiers-thematiques/covid-19-vaccins/covid-19-vaccins-autorises. This list will evolve based on the ANSM's assessment of the available data.
2. Proof of a negative test of less than 72 hours (RT-PCR, antigen or self-test carried out under the supervision of authorized health professionals).
3. The result of a positive RT-PCR or antigen test attesting to recovery from Covid-19, dating at least 11 days and on more than 6 months.
Each of these certificates are encoded and signed in the form of a QR Code. They can be presented in paper or digital format, saved on the “TousAntiCovid” mobile application or via any other digital tool of the choice of the person concerned.
During build-up and breakdown periods a sanitary pass is not mandatory (art. 47-1 IV of Decree No. 2021-699 from June 1st, 2021, amended by Decree No. 2021-1059 from August 7th, 2021).
These instructions are currently valid and may change depending on the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic and the rules imposed by French authorities.
* Applicable to visitors, as well as to exhibitors, service providers, organisation staff and all persons present on days when the show is open to the public.
** The French sanitary pass complies with the “EU Digital COVID Certificate”. For more information, please visit: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en
Mandatory face masks
Surgical masks will be mandatory for all persons present on-site during show days.
Hand sanitiser will be available during the event
Touch-free hand sanitiser stations will be located throughout the premises and in common areas (conference rooms, demonstration spaces, etc.).
Digitalised access passes
In order to avoid queues and frequent contact, we use print@home passes wherever possible, so remember to print your badge before the trade show.
Compliance with capacity limits and regulation of visitor traffic flows
We will ensure that maximum capacity limits are complied with in exhibition halls, conference spaces and food service areas.
Floor markings and a one-way system will help you follow social distancing measures.
Cleaning will be reinforced in all exhibition spaces and high-contact areas will be frequently disinfected.
New meeting spaces and conference rooms
Spaces will be reorganised to enable face-to-face meetings while following social distancing measures. These measures will also be in place for conference rooms.
On-site food services
Tables will be arranged to follow social distancing measures, with 1 m between each table. Health inspections will be increased and staff will be trained to follow health measures.
Special communication and safety reminders
Staff and participants will be reminded of health and safety measures before and throughout the event. Our goal is to open the doors to our trade shows responsibly, while protecting participants and our employees.
Management of people with COVID symptoms
A medical team will be present for the duration of the event. Suspected COVID-19 cases will be isolated and handled by suitable health professionals.
The Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes has been awarded GBAC STAR™ Facility accreditation, the international benchmark in health security.
After obtaining the “Sanitary Security Label” and “Ecovid Label” issued by SOCOTEC, in February 2021, the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès de Cannes was awarded North America’s top health certification for public hospitality facilities: GBAC STAR™ Facility. Awarded by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, this certification attests the implementation of the strictest protocols in terms of cleaning, disinfection and prevention of infectious diseases within the establishment.
Already issued to the largest convention centres in the United States, this certification has for the first time been awarded to a convention centre in France. The Palais once again proves its commitment to hosting international events with the utmost respect for health protocols.
The RX France “COVID-19 Management Response Plan” and the sanitary protocol associated with the show have been certified “COVID Compliant” by SAFE ASSET GROUP.
This certification, by an independent body, attests to the proper implementation of health measures according to the international “SHORE” standard (SAFE Hospitality, Office, Retail, and Environment standard)